UPDATE: The purpose of the Key Requirements was to measure interest for idea validation. Given that the idea is already validated to an extent by another organization (see Friday's stand-up notes), proving this seems less important, but this will still be important once I have a product to show.
Also, I found a research report from the Pew Research Center I bookmarked a while back that has a lot of data to suggest there is a young, online-news-reading demographic that knows there is bias in their news and would really appreciate tools/products/services that address that.
Current period ends December 31, 2021.
Agree on reality: Get U.S. online news readers on the same page with regards to reality.
Provide bias-aware slow news to online readers who don't want to be in a news bubble.
- P1 Figure out and execute consistent way to present clusters
- P1 Clean/improve/debug pipelines, DB structure, and deployment
- P1 Create and launch mail option
- P2 Revamp the "support" option on website
- P2 Add other ratings besides AllSides
- P2 Experiment with own bias rating methodology
- P2 Add more sources
- P3 Find first sponsor for email
- P1 Create and launch Instagram option with "weekly summary" posts
- P2 Make BubblePopper tool V0
- Get 50 hits/day on website. Current by CloudFlare: ~20/day, Plausible: ~1/day. Confidence to achieve: 3/10
- Get 25 mail list subscribers. Current: 0 subscribers. Confidence to achieve: 4/10
- Get 25 Instagram followers. Current: 0 followers. Confidence to achieve: 5/10
- Me: Green
- Costs: Yellow
- Extraction pipelines refactored and tested
What did you do yesterday? Refactoring DB and pipelines and writing things on paper!
What will you do today? Refactoring pipelines!
What, if anything, is blocking your progress? Nothing atm.
+raaid© Raaid Arshad.RSS