I like making things, especially things that help people and counteract socioeconomic/political injustice. So far I've been a software engineer, an electrical engineer, and a musician. I am currently working with the Local News Lab, a team that is part of the Brown Institute at Columbia University.
Things I've made (and are on the backburner or spun down):
- Nabu: A landing page for tools/services to identify and understand bias. The first tool is a news feed that shows articles grouped by topic. The second tool is a browser extension that shows similar articles to the one you are currently viewing. This has been turned off (for now).
- CanIVote: A service that is like "haveibeenpwned" but for voter registration. Still very much in development (thus the GitHub link), but I'm proud of the code I have here so far!
Things I am currently working on:
- Nothing! Focusing on the day job and enjoying non-coding parts of life more attentively.
Things I'd like to work on in the future:
- Stock alerts: I don't feel like paying $25/month or more for a limited set of complex stock alerts, so I want to make a very simple, self-hostable program so that I don't have to check my portfolio so often. For no more than $1/month. Goal might be to eventually have it be a website/service.
- Option calculator: I often find myself looking for certain patterns and doing certain calculations prior to executing option trades, so I thought it might be useful to build out some code to do it for me. Starting as a "you need your own token" CLI. Goal is to eventually have it be a website/service.
- RSSHook: Webhooks for new items in RSS feeds as a service.