Hey, I'm currently a Senior Software Engineer at The Broad Institute. I like making things, especially things that help people and counteract socioeconomic/political injustice. So far I've been a software engineer, an electrical engineer, and a musician.
What I can show so far:
- PopTheBubble: A website/dashboard to quickly view the full spectrum of news in the U.S.
- CanIVote: A service that is like "haveibeenpwned" but for voter registration. Still very much in development (thus the GitHub link), but I'm proud of the code I have here so far and would love some help!
I am currently working on:
- Sparks: A startup to help small businesses. I am currently building out an API, some product landing pages, and tinkering with deployment/infrastructure.
- PopTheBubble: I am working on adding some smarts (group articles by topic) and an email newsletter.
- CanIVote: On the backburner for now.
Ideas I intend to work on in the future:
- Stock alerts: I don't feel like paying $25/month or more for a limited set of complex stock alerts, so I am designing a very simple, self-hostable program so that I don't have to check my portfolio so often. For no more than $1/month.
- Simple mail stats: I also don't feel like paying so much just to send emails and see how many got delivered/opened from an email address I already own, so I am designing a very simple (and tightly scoped to Gmail) library so that anyone with a server and a Gmail account can run their own simple email stats.